Friday, October 23, 2009

Our Trip (Nathaniel's view)



Today, we went on a trip to a giant bridge. After Mommy parked the car, we started walking on a little dirt trail. On both sides of the trail were ugly, poky plants. I didn't like those at all.

Then, we had to walk along a narrow path in-between the road and a long drop. Even though the cars were racing by very fast and the bottom of the cliff was covered with nasty plants, I wasn't scared at all. (Silly old Hannah seemed scared out her mind, though.) While on the path, I saw a grandma and a grandpa walking too. They waved at me and said, "hi," so I smiled back. They looked very happy.

Finally, we reached the big bridge. I thought it would be scary, like an adventure; however, looking over both sides, all I saw were some ugly, dead plants like before. Where was the lake, Mommy? I felt very disappointed.

After we got across the bridge (I was the first one, by the way), I saw an old, upside-down boat. I kicked it with my shoe, but I couldn't topple it over.

Suddenly, a little boy on a bike went right to the bridge, a big cloud of dust behind him. Following him, another five or six big boys on bikes came right up to the bridge. More and more kids on bikes kept coming until they entirely blocked up the entrance to the bridge. I thought we would have to stay there forever! Soon, however, they started biking again and we could cross.

By that time I was furious. Hadn't Mommy said there was going to be a lake? There was no water that I could see. Hadn't Mommy said we were going to a green park? For as far as I could see, the only green was the moss growing on the ugly, dead trees. Feeling cheated, I grumpily made my way to the car and wiggled as Allison buckled me in.

I thought for sure we were going home, but Mommy had other plans. As soon as I was let out, I immediately saw a white tent. (I think Mommy called this a "pumpkin batch.") Inside, I saw scarecrows like Spud in Bob the Builder; a big, scary, black spider; and many, many pumpkins, and one of them was even bigger than me! Yellow sticks (I think Hannah called them "hay") were strewn all over the floor, making walking kind of bumpy. Outside the white tent, lots and lots of big, orange pumpkins were lined up, just waiting to be bought. Next to the pumpkins, there stood a cage full of big mommy goats and one little baby goat. I loved that little baby goat. I wanted to go back and get a pumpkin, but first Mommy wanted to go into the corn maze.



No matter where I looked, all I could see were tall, dark corn plants, some even taller than Daddy! We went one way, turned around a few corners, hit a dead end, and turned back again. But I never got scared once. I bravely led everyone out of the maze, feeling very proud of myself.

Now it was pumpkin time. I went straight for the biggest, tallest pumpkin I could see, but Mommy said it was too expensive. I tried another one; still no. I started getting angry again. Why couldn't we get the big ones? Finally, I compromised and allowed Mommy to get a small one. Unfortunately, even though I wanted to carry it, Mommy said I was too little and had Joshua do it instead. I'm not too little! I can do big kid stuff, Mommy!

A pumpkin under one arm and purse in the other, Mommy went to a lady in front of the cash-register. Instead of talking to Mommy, however, the lady turned towards me and asked, "So, did you go in the maze?"
"Uh-huh!"
"Did you get lost? Go in a dead end?"
"No!"
"That's good. Even I got lost in there."
I smiled, happy that I was even better than the lady.

After Mommy payed, we went back to the car and drove home.

6 comments:

  1. If you read all that, you are a more patient person than I.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha-ha! Thanks so much Hannah for adding a bit of humor to my day. It really sounds like Nathaniel could have written it himself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've enhanced your post with pictures and video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me laff. :B

    Great job Hannah! And with the pictures and video too, Tim!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow I didn't hear the music before.
    That is awesome Tim
    It's like we actually did something cool :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. :):):):):):)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete