Friday, October 30, 2009

Encouraging Notes

Hello, this is my first post to this blog.

Yesterday morning when I got up, I found three encouraging letters for me on my briefcase. Thank you Amy, Allison, and Hannah. The messages gave me a smile and helped to lift my spirit.

Later that day I was with my friend Dave at a coffee shop. He got a latte but I didn't want coffee. Normally I get green tea when I go with Dave to a coffee shop but this place did not have green tea. However they did have mint leaf tea. So yesterday I was thinking of Timothy while I enjoyed my mint leaf tea.

While we were there Dave talked to me about a book that he was reading that deals with personality types. He said that my personality is the "Perfect Melancholy". He also talked about one of the biggest problems that people with my personality have, we are often too dark and negative. Because that sounds so much like me I think that he may be correct.

So I am praying that God will help me focus more on Him and His plans and less on the things of this earth that can be dark and discouraging. I need to take off my dark colored glasses and put on glasses that can see things the way that God sees things.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Daddy! I'm glad you liked the notes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Dave. Our dad is the perfect melancholy!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're starting to get settled after your flight. Hmmm how did that mint tea taste? do you know what kind of mint plant they used in your tea?

    ReplyDelete