Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Writing assignment- Describing a Childhood Treasure




When I was born 15 years ago my mother and father gifted me with a present for my lifetime, a small blue bible. I kept this bible in my dresser ever since.

The bible rests in a cardboard case. A drawing of a woman clinging to her newborn baby is also inside the case alongside the bible.

I consider this bible a treasure to me because it remind me of how much love my mother has showed me since my birth and how much she cares about my salvation at such a young age. She named me Timothy because it means "One who honors God" and gifted me this bible to remind me of my true goal on this earth.

This bible means a lot to me ever since I knew of it's significance, but it has no worth beyond a beacon of remembrance. "For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it"- 1 Timothy 6:7. I memorized this verse because of its significance to my life.

This is the most valuable item I have. Though it is significant, may I not cling to the material bible I can hold in my hands, but may I cling to the world of God which is inside it's fragile pages.


~ timothy age 15

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that these things are meaningful to you and that you are growing up to live up to the meaning of your name, which was my prayer for your life.

    ReplyDelete