Sunday, September 19, 2010

Rotoscoping

Rotoscoping is a technique used by animators to improve the realism of their animation by tracing film footage by hand. The means by which the animators would achieve this was by a rotoscope, a device which projects live-action film footage onto a glass panel to be redrawn by the artist. Although computers have taken the role of aiding the animators in modern times, this technique is still referred to as rotoscoping.

I decided to do a test for myself using two cameras playing simultaneously from different angles. One camera from the front, and one to the side.I was originally planning on recording myself doing some menial task such as walking or stretching. I decided to ask Nathaniel (age 6) if he wanted to help. He agreed to, so I turned on both cameras and recorded his "dance". Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. It's ingenious and adorable at the same time!!
    You're the ingenious, Nathaniel is the adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete